How You Can Take Committed Action and DO!
Fitness has been a passion of mine for a long time, but there was a point in time when I wasn't embracing it. As I thought about the time I literally wasted not embracing and pursuing my passion, I thought to myself, "What the HECK have I been doing with my life?" All it takes is your hard work to make a figment of your mind come to life and thrive (but remember, that goes both ways - positively and negatively). Sure, I've had awesome ideas pop into my head and could see what the outcome could be if I just put in the work. But that is all I had, was the awesome ideas. I wasn't putting any of them into action. I absolutely could have made at least one of those ideas come to life if I'd just gone ahead and put doubt to the side and just done it, but I let my emotions get in the way. It was MY FAULT. No one else's. I allowed my fear, anger, anxiety, disappointment, negativity, get in the way of my success. And I wasn't completely putting my trust in God. For a number of years. Thank God that he watches over babies and fools!
Well, not anymore! I wrote this post because I am determined to do more and do better for me and the people in my life. And if you're feeling this way, you can implement these easy strategies, too. Being a coach is an awesome feeling, but it's really more than that. I've put myself in a position to be challenged and to succeed, and I think that is awesome. And to boot, I totally am a firm believer in health being wealth! And you, yes, you, right now, have the tools and the power in you right now to go out and get whatever it is you've been wanting. But you have you want it more than you want anything else, in order for you to achieve it. From a fitness aspect, too many of us get stuck in what we want to do, what we should do, and we never get to the point of actually DOING. Today ends that. It's the first day of the last month of 2015, and it's time to stop with the games and shoulda, coulda, woulda's. If you want it, GO GET IT. Figure out what goal you have in mind and focus on what it takes to get to the goal. If you only focus on the goal, you'll get distracted and discouraged. But if you focus on the JOURNEY, it makes the goal that much sweeter when you do achieve it. I've come up with six ways you can get up and DO, RIGHT NOW; 3 from a fit perspective AND 3 from a mental perspective!
- Go for a walk......right now. Are you in an office? Great, you can stay warm. Get up and go for a 5 minute walk around your office. Go to the restroom. Walk up and down a few flights of stairs. If you're not in an office, find somewhere to walk for a minimum of 5 minutes. If you care anything about your health, do this, and it won't interrupt any part of your day. And you get a quick stretch and some cardio, to boot!
- Have a chair handy? Use it to do squats. Not only does squatting using a chair protect ailing knees, but it keeps you in proper form! When you squat, you're putting the weight of your body in your heels and sitting back like you're sitting in a chair. So take advantage of the free equipment around you and work that lower body. Which leads me to another accessible piece of equipment for your Get up and Go Routine.
- Use your wall for push-ups! Standing push ups are just as effective as doing them on the floor, you're just redirecting your energy. Your main focus for push ups is to strengthen and tone your arms and upper back. Secondarily, you're strengthening your core. Standing up just takes a little bit of that pressure off of your legs and wrists, and you can zero in on toning up to get a sexy back and nice, toned arms.
- When you feel like "Woe is me", think of all the things you have. Sit back and think right now. You have your health, you're in a work space you didn't have to be in, reading a blog post on a computer you didn't have to have. You have a roof over your head, you have food on your table. Air in your lungs. Someone wasn't as fortunate as you were. Take inventory and look at all the ways you're blessed. No, this isn't a physical DO, but it is a mental one. BE GRATEFUL. Sometimes we forget how much abundance we have.
- Give back. Choose some organization to give back to. We have so much, sometimes we forget that there are so many others who don't. Even if it's just a dollar, if it's your time, if it's clothing you've been hoarding. Just give back. It always puts a smile on my face knowing that someone else is going to benefit from something I chose to do. I know it will put a smile on yours. And guess what, you can do it from this snazzy computer or phone you're reading from right now.
- Finally, praise yourself for the accomplishments you DID achieve this year. It's the end of the year. Maybe you didn't lose that last 10 pounds that you were trying to lose. I didn't think I'd be saying I made my own website and started my own brand. But I did. No, I'm not killing it on my website or make loads of cash from it. But that's not my goal today. My goal is, and will always be, to keep motivating you and getting you to come back to my website for more motivation, more fitness, and more flyness tips so you can be the ultimate best version of yourself.
Check out my Periscope Channel for some great Morning Motivation for you!
So challenge yourself today, tomorrow, the next day, and the next. When you feel fearful about something, or you try to come up in your own mind with the ending or even all the things that could go wrong, remember, God already has your plan laid out for you, YOU just have to trust that you can be pushed further. You won't break. You will get the desires of your heart, and you will succeed. Take committed action and go and DO!
I hope you have a great day and I'll see you in the next post!
Love and Hugs,