Fitness Tips for Busy Entrepreneurs
You're up and at 'em. You've got a bajillion emails to go through. You've got meetings straight through lunch. You've got blog posts to schedule, and a Twitter chat that you just canNOT be late for. But you're handling it. You've got it all together. But wait, do you only have on one earring? Whatever. You're still fly. You're an entrepreneur.
You're a busy woman! You're a busy business owner. I get it. I'm trying to make my way fully into that world. So, I know that you know that I KNOW you've had those days where all you want to do is what you want to do, but there are just so many things that you HAVE to do. Taking care of your mind and body should be on that list. But far too often, we find ourselves saying, "I'll just pick back up and do my workout tomorrow" or "I'll catch up on my meditation practice right before bed tonight." Except, tomorrow doesn't seem to come for another couple of months, and you barely remember your head hitting your pillow. We all know Spring is upon us. We've got to get it together! Luckily, I've got a few tips that will help you incorporate mental and physical fitness into your day seamlessly, like you've been doing it for years. I've also got a pretty awesome list of some of my favorite apps that will help you along the way, too.
- Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. This quote came from someone else, but doesn't it ring true? If you're not planning, you're procrastinating, if you're procrastinating, you're not progressing, so plan so you can progress. Because that's what entrepreneurs do. Now, THAT quote is all me, LOL.
Set yourself up for success the night before, so you can get up and go once you wake up. No searching for a sports bra or socks. Your journal should be on the most clean page so you can write in it, your book should have a bookmark in it where you left off. Now, this may require you to alter your bedtime some. Maybe not by an entire hour or two, but at least 15-30 minutes earlier, you want to be lying down and settling into your sleep spot.
- The Early Bird Gets the...Workout? Yes, This may require some changes to your evening routine, but I promise it's worth it. Yes, we're entrepreneurs who just don't seem to get enough sleep as it is. But getting up earlier in the morning sets the tone for YOU. It gives you some you time where if you have a family, you can prepare yourself for them. If you're single, you can get centered for whatever you have to do during the day without other distractions like the new on TV that hype Pandora station that you love so much. Take a little time to read a chapter in a book you're trying to finish, ready a devotional from your bible, pray and meditate. Then get up and get your workout clothes on that you laid out in #1. Since I changed my workout schedule from after work to first thing in the morning, I've been able to get more of what I want/need to get done after I get home from my 8-5 (because who really has a 9-5 when they're working and are not their own, am I right?). So consider a morning workout. It gives you energy in the morning for the rest of your day, it boosts your metabolism, and it's one thing that you can check off on your to-do list.
- Just Keep Eating, Just Keep Eating. Yes, it will get tiring. You'll probably think something like, "but I'm not hungry." But if you eat what is going to fuel you throughout the day and help rev up your metabolism EVEN MORE, you'll realize that your body will be using those snacks as energy, and it will burn those calories and, in turn, burn more fat. Pack snacks in your purse and along with a good morning workout, you can continue to burn calories like a smokestack all day when you eat healthy, good-for-you snacks and meals. And you won't feel starved if your meeting with so-and-so went a little longer than you anticipated.
- Take a walk. This may seem easier said than done, but actually, it's just as easy to do it as it is to say it. You work for you. More than likely, you have at minimum, your cell phone, where you take all of your business calls. On your next conference call or coaching call with your team, throw your earbuds in your ear and go for a walk while you handle business. See? Easy, peasy.
- Stay hydrated. Now with all that walking you've just done, or sitting (Because you know, work.), you want to make sure that you're hydrated enough. Far too often, we sit at our computer, and are typing or researching away, and haven't had a single cup of water. Have a 16 or 32 oz. bottle of water by you and set your alarm for every hour and a half so you can down that bad boy (as I take a swig)! Half of your weight in ounces, people, :).
- Mini workouts are workouts, too. So you didn't get to do your morning workout, well, no fear, nothing a few sets of dips, push-ups, and jumping jacks won't fix. Yes, when you get up to stretch your legs and back, use your desk or the floor a your workout equipment. Three sets of ten reps is a good start. Now do that every day IN ADDITION to your morning workout and what happens. #buffness
- Coaches need coaches. You're one of the best at what you do. You've got your ish together. But one thing you need to remember is that you are ALWAYS learning.
As an entrepreneur, you have to be up to trend on all things YOUR NICHE. You need to be able to deliver that new new info in your native tongue that your audience knows and loves so well. If your'e not constantly learning, you'll get behind on the trends that will help your clients to be successful. So make sure you're taking care of yourself, so that you can take care of your clients, and you all can flourish.
Until the next post, remember to always #befocusedbefitbefly